Ambit + Greenzone has an immediate need for a Scrum Master supporting our Federal Client. The Scrum Master will be responsible for planning and delivering software development, modernization, and enhancement projects.
- Guiding the team on how to use Agile/Scrum practices and values.
- Guiding the team on how to optimize self-organization.
- Assessing the Scrum maturity of the team and organizing and coaching the team to higher levels of maturity, at a pace that is sustainable and comfortable for the team.
- Facilitate sprint planning, daily stand-up, sprint reviews, and sprint retrospectives.
- Removing impediments or guiding the team to remove impediments by finding the right personnel to remove the impediment.
- Building a trusting and safe environment where problems can be raised without fear of blame, retribution, or being judged, with an emphasis on healing and problem-solving.
- Facilitating completing the work effort.
- Facilitating discussion, decision making, and issue resolution.
- Assisting with internal and external communication, facilitating transparency, and radiating information.
- Supporting and educating the Product Owner on grooming and maintaining the product backlog.
- Providing all support to the team using a servant leadership style whenever possible, leading by example.
- Track and manage costs to meet budget for labor hour or firm fixed price efforts.
- Foster a culture based on accountability.
- Provide weekly status updates to senior leadership.
- Must be a US Citizen and able to obtain and maintain a government security clearance.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Information Technology, Computer Science, Engineering or related technical or functional discipline.
- Certified Scrum Master certification.
- Minimum of 5 years of related IT project management experience.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience playing the Scrum Master role for a software development team that was diligently applying Scrum principles, practices, and theory.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience leading federal civilian government agency projects.
- Outstanding communication, facilitation, negotiation, and coaching skills.
- Knowledge of an agile framework or method (i.e., Scrum or Kanban), or understanding of software development life cycle models as well as in-depth knowledge of traditional project management principles and practices.
- Adept at refinement, story splitting, estimation, velocity, retrospection, and other Scrum techniques.
- Experience with project management software tools, methodologies, and best practices.
- Intermediate working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, including but not limited to Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification.
- Experience working at the U.S. Security and Exchange Commission (SEC).