Mobile Application Developer
Ambit+GreenZone is seeking a Full Stack Developer to join our team. We currently have a need for a Mobile Application Developer (1099) to support our USDA Client remotely. some in person meetings are required at the client site located in Alexandria, VA. This individual will support both the Operations & Maintenance as well as enhancement projects on the Food Buying Guide application.
- Collaborate with and across Agile teams to design, develop, test, implement, and support technical solutions and design mobile code and implement both functional and non-functional requirements.
- Collaborate with the Project Team to modernize the FBG Mobile App utilizing a cross-platform solution to transition from the existing legacy Cordova mobile application development platform.
- Collaborate with the Project Team to provide a detailed roadmap on implementing the modernization of the app that can also be adopted by other FNS programs and mobile applications in support of FNS modernization goals and objectives
- Implementation of Application changes shall be completed utilizing an Agile approach, intended to deliver working incremental mobile application feature requirements that minimize disruption and degrees of change to the end user community by introducing FBG mobile platform changes in agreed upon phases with FNS Leadership and the Project Team.
- Provide a final deliverable that includes: 1) a 508-compliant PDF file appropriate for web posting with approved Alternate Text; 2) a 508 compliance report; 3) a high-quality PDF suitable for professional printing; 4) InDesign files with all fonts and links (graphics); 5) a release form for new graphics and new illustrations; 6) JPEG and EPS files of all new illustrations and graphics; 7) a table of all new images in the publication with page number and source and name of graphic file; and 8) a total count of any new stock images used in the publication by source.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, information technology or computer related discipline required
- 6+ Years of Experience
- iOS & Android platform development experience
- Experience with ReactNative, Drupal, Swift, Java, Python, Perl, Shell Scripting, Apache, Node JS,
- Native app writing ability, coding, software design,
- Knowledge of UX & UI, experience with unit testing automation & code reviews,
- API development experience, backend web services knowledge and app design
- Expertise in Modern Mobile Architecture as well as software design patterns to ensure the productivity, maintainability, and scalability
- Excellent communications and writing skills
- Ability to rapidly adapt and respond to changes in environment and priorities
- Exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail
Washington, DC (Due to COVID-19, on-site client work has been suspended until further notice)
The Ambit Way
We embody the name of the firm in our culture. Our ambit, or sphere of influence, is one in which all members have a voice and all are committed to outcomes. We understand that work, family and community co-exist, when any element is out of balance, all suffer. Our policies are family-centric, provide flexible work schedules, job sharing and cross-training that meet client requirements and support our employees. We focus on more than the task at hand, we focus on the entirety of our ambit. There is no job too large and no task too low — we function as ONE.