The Ambit Group is looking for to add an Accounts Payable Specialist to our corporate team. Great opportunity for a self-starter who is enthusiastic about adding their experience to a team with a collaborative working style. This position will be located at our Headquarters in Tyson's Corner, VA, though the role will primarily be remote.
The Accounts Payable Specialist will be responsible for the following:
- Primary ownership of the Accounts Payable cycle for two related companies: collect and quality check invoices remitted to corporate inboxes, secure approvals for charges, input charges into the accounting system with the correct account/project coding, maintain files pertaining to invoices, vouchers and cash distributions, facilitate optimal cash flow, assist in the calculation and application of intracompany charges, maintain schedule of payments and postings to ensure reporting deadlines are met.
- Download monthly credit card account detail, coordinate with cardholders to collect supporting documentation, and post charges to accounting system.
- Serve as a liaison to subcontractor vendors, reconcile submitted invoices to timesheets, ensure proper labor rate application, and coordinate corrections if necessary. Work with internal contracts team regarding needed adaptations to subcontract and consulting agreements.
- Act as primary point of contact for employee reimbursement requests and facilitate company-wide understanding of the submission process within the Deltek Time & Expense system.
- Initiate new vendor files in the accounting system, collect and maintain up-to-date W-9 information, and generate/distribute 1099’s to vendors annually.
- On the basis of online banking information, record automated payments in accounting system (both voucher and cash disbursements).
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- BA/BS Degree and/or 5+ years' of experience with A/P – vendor relations, voucher processes, cash disbursements.
- Experience with DeltekCostPoint and Time and Expense products, Purchase Order and Subcontract Management modules a bonus
- Experience with General Ledger accounting functions including account reconciliations and journal entries
The Ambit Way
We embody the name of the firm in our culture. Our ambit, or sphere of influence, is one in which all members have a voice and all are committed to outcomes. We understand that work, family and community co-exist, when any element is out of balance, all suffer. Our policies are family-centric, provide flexible work schedules, job sharing and cross-training that meet client requirements and support our employees. We focus on more than the task at hand, we focus on the entirety of our ambit. There is no job too large and no task too low — we function as ONE